A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate the Conservative Matrix Right Biased and Questionable due to a complete lack of transparency, the use of poor sources who frequently fail fact checks, and the promotion of right-wing propaganda.
Reasoning: Lack of Transparency, Poor Sourcing, Propaganda
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2016, the Conservative Matrix is an anonymously run conservative news and opinion blog. The website lacks transparency as they do not have an about page or indicate ownership. All articles are published by Phoenix Brooks, which is not the person’s real name.
The website has not published new content since April 2021.
Funded by / Ownership
Conservative Matrix does not reveal ownership, and revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Conservative Matrix publishes commentary and summarized news stories by Phoenix Brooks. Articles and headlines often use loaded emotional language that favors the right such as this [VIDEO] Trump Derangement Syndrome On Full Display As Tik Tok “Influencer” Screams And Rants At Her Camera. This story is sourced from a Tik Tok video. In fact, many stories revolve around video, often from unknown sources. When it comes to sourcing, they utilize poor sources such as Pat Gray from The Blaze, Ben Shapiro from the Daily Wire, and Campus Reform, all of which we rate Mixed for factual reporting due to failed fact checks.
Editorially, all stories favor the Right and, in particular, Donald Trump and frequently denigrate the left with stories such as this [VIDEO] Ted Cruz Obliterates Twitter CEO At Congressional Hearing. The website also features a section called humor with stories such as this [VIDEO] What Police Interactions Look Like In BLM’s America. In general, the information reported is mostly factual; however, it is completely one-sided and propagandistic in its support for the right.
Failed Fact Checks
- They have not been fact-checked to date.
Overall, we rate the Conservative Matrix Right Biased and Questionable due to a complete lack of transparency, the use of poor sources who frequently fail fact checks, and the promotion of right-wing propaganda. (D. Van Zandt 11/28/2020) Updated (04/13/2022)
Last Updated on April 13, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am