A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate The Conservative Central Right Biased and Questionable based on a complete lack of transparency as well as the use of sources that routinely fail fact checks.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
Launched in 2020, The Conservative Central is a hyperpartisan conservative blog that was originally a part of the Amino App (a mobile app that publishes blogs and social content). According to their about page, The Conservative Central is “a blog dedicated to advancing the principals of limited government, free trade, personal responsibility, liberty, and preserving the greatest American traditions in these modern times.”
The website lacks transparency as they do not name an owner, editor, or indicate their location.
Funded by / Ownership
The Conservative Central does not disclose ownership, however, according to Twitter and the publisher of articles, the owner is possibly Jose Andres. There does not appear to be a revenue stream at this time.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Conservative Central publishes news and opinion stories by Jose Andres. Usually, these stories present with extremely loaded emotional language such as The Violent Left. This story is sourced to a Youtube video. In another story, they use a sensationalized headline that denigrates Black Lives Matter BLM Thugs Attack Jewish Supporters – A Few Questions. For the most part, original content links to a video with minimal text and promotes extreme right viewpoints.
The website also features news feeds from a variety of right-leaning sources such as Reason, The Daily Caller, Breitbart (Questionable), and Townhall (Questionable). In general, The Conservative Central publishes content that strongly favors the right and uses sources that have failed numerous fact checks.
Failed Fact Checks
- Has never been fact-checked
Overall, we rate The Conservative Central Right Biased and Questionable based on a complete lack of transparency as well as the use of sources that routinely fail fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 11/7/2020)
Last Updated on November 7, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am