- Overall, we rate The Blue State Conservative Far-Right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, poor sourcing, lack of transparency, pseudoscience, and false claims.
Questionable Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Conspiracy Theories, Propaganda, False Claims, Pseudoscience, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: FAR RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Launched in 2020, The Blue State Conservative is an anonymously published conservative news and opinion website. According to their about page, “Our nation is under attack by far-left globalist tyrants who believe personal liberties are unnecessary, free speech is harmful, and self-preservation is dangerous. All freedom-loving Americans need to unite against this movement to ensure that this last best hope prevails.”
The Blue State Conservative lacks transparency as they do not reveal ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
The website does not disclose ownership; however, according to its Facebook page, Home Of The Brave Media LLC, based in Wyoming, manages the site. Advertising and a shop that sells conservative-themed merchandise generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The Blue State Conservative does not conduct original reporting but rather summarizes existing news stories and adds conservative commentary. Many articles are published by PF Whalen, whose bio reads American, Christian, Blogger. Whalen has written for other Questionable sources such as Western Journal and American Thinker. The website features a weekly column called Knucklehead of the Week that usually denigrates liberals or the Biden Administration, whom they claim is a “Tyrannical Regime.”
Articles and headlines are hyper-sensationalized to convey a conservative perspective, such as this Chicken Little and the Democrats In Denial: The GDP Is Falling! and this From The January 6th Clown Show To Monkeypox… Does Anyone Really Believe This Is Unintentional? This last story completely lacks hyperlinked sourcing. Other stories are sourced from a mix of credible and questionable sources. Some stories are republished from the Questionable Gen Z Conservative website.
The Blue State Conservative frequently publishes misinformation regarding Covid-19, such as How Many Known Side Effects For Pfizer’s Experimental “Vaccine?” Let Us Count The Ways. This article references the Questionable American Greatness website, which claims that the Vaccine alters DNA. The Covid vaccines do not alter DNA. Furthermore, they continue to promote election fraud conspiracies espoused by Mike Lindell.
Editorially, all stories favor the right and denigrate the left with heavy promotion of Pro-Trump propaganda, such as “The Great MAGA King”: Brandon’s Attempt To Mock Trump Fails MISERABLY (VIDEO). Many articles focus on conservative themes such as criticizing cancel culture, wokeness, and LGBTQ issues. In general, The Blue State Conservative holds a far-right political bias and often publishes misinformation.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years. See the above examples of false and misleading information.
Overall, we rate The Blue State Conservative Far-Right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, poor sourcing, lack of transparency, pseudoscience, and false claims. (D. Van Zandt 06/11/2022)
Last Updated on June 11, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/04/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 4, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Citizen Truthby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: American People Dailyby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black America Webby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 8:00 am