- Overall, we rate Blue State Blues News Questionable based on Far-right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracies, poor sourcing, and a complete lack of transparency.
Questionable Reasoning: Conspiracy Theories, Propaganda, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: FAR RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Blue State Blues News is a hyper-partisan conservative news and opinion website. According to their about page, “Blue State Blues News scours the news from states like California, New York, Illinois, and more Democrat-run wastelands so you don’t have to.”The website otherwise lacks transparency as the authors are not named, the domain is registered privately, and ownership is not revealed.
Funded by / Ownership
Blue State Blues News does not disclose ownership or funding; however, they list a mailing address on its contact page: “1807 South Church St. Suite 108, PMB #221, Smithfield, VA 23430.” This address belongs to a UPS Store mailbox and Righters Group, LLC, which describes itself as a “professional fundraiser.” The Righters Group claim they raise money for “only the most deserving and effective conservative/libertarian clients raise the millions of dollars they need to fight for a freer future for all Americans.”
We have found 11 websites that share this same mailing address without disclosing ownership.
- Right News Wire
- Conservative Underground News
- Blue State Blues News
- Desantis Daily
- Renewed Right
- Patriot Pulse
- Culture Watch News
- Political Animal News
- Sports With Balls
- Unmuzzled News
- Pants on Fire News
Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Blue State Blues News does not publish original news stories but rather interjects right-wing biased opinions around news stories. All stories favor the right and often harshly denigrate the left, such as this: Democrats got control of one city in this red state—and what happened next is truly horrifying. This story does not use hyperlinked sourcing on the information they are referencing.
Editorially, all stories strongly favor the right such as this Abbott Press Secretary goes off after D.C.’s Mayor hit the panic button over the Lone Star State giving leftists a taste of their own medicine, and Gavin Newsom targeted women with this sick crusade – and what he wants them to do will turn your stomach. In general, many stories on this website advance right-wing pro-Trump conspiracy theories and propaganda while sometimes using poor sources such as Breitbart.
Failed Fact Checks
- A third party has not fact-checked them.
Overall, we rate Blue State Blues News Questionable based on Far-right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracies, poor sourcing, and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 09/16/2022)
Last Updated on September 23, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am