Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
According to their tagline, “American Greatness is the leading voice of the next generation of American Conservatism.” Chris Buskirk is the publisher and editor of American Greatness. “He is a contributing opinion writer for The New York Times and the co-host of The Buskirk & Graham Show on 960 KKNT. Chris Buskirk is also the author of several books.
Funded by / Ownership
The website does not disclose ownership, though it appears Chris Buskirk is the primary owner. American Greatness’s primary funding appears to be through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, American Greatness is a blog that features a variety of writers covering American Politics. Most articles favor the right, with moderate use of loaded language such as this: Why Ordinary Americans Are Unperturbed by Russia Mania. Most information is sourced from credible left-center, least biased, and right-center sources. However, they sometimes source from Mixed factual sources such as the Daily Caller and Questionable Sources such as the Gateway Pundit.
During the Coronavirus pandemic of 2020, they advanced misinformation such as promoting hydroxychloroquine Yale Professor Says Hydroxychloroquine Could Save 100,000 Lives, which has been proven to be ineffective in the treatment and prevention of Covid-19. According to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, “Among patients hospitalized with Covid-19, those who received hydroxychloroquine did not have a lower incidence of death at 28 days than those who received usual care. Finally, during the Presidential Election of 2020, they advanced unproven conspiracy theories regarding voter/election fraud, such as this Biden’s Texas Political Director Implicated in Massive Mail-In Ballot Harvesting Scheme in Harris County. This has not been proven. In general, stories favor the right, and some are not factual.
Failed Fact Checks
- “Video shows U.S. Capitol Police gave protesters OK to enter.” – Pants on Fire
- World-Renowned Psychiatrist says VAERS Data show COVID vaccine has killed thousands, Ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine are effective against COVID, and the spike protein has nothing to do with COVID. – False
Overall, we rate American Greatness Right biased based on story selection that favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources and the promotion of misinformation. (D. Van Zandt 1/17/2018) Updated (02/07/2022)
Last Updated on February 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am