Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2011, Reformed Media publishes conservative news and opinion articles via aggregation. A domain search reveals the domain is registered to Tim Brown who owns/writes for several conservative news and opinion sites such as the Washington Standard, FreedomOutpost, and Sons of Liberty.
The website completely lacks transparency as they do not provide an about page or ownership information.
Funded by / Ownership
Reformed Media lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership. However, Tim Brown owns the website based on domain registration. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The Reformed Media website aggregates news from external sources and direct links to the full story offsite. When reviewing news aggregation sites, we simply look at the sources they link to and calculate a score.
In review, Reformed Media links to primarily conservative websites that MBFC has rated as either extremely right biased, questionable, conspiracy related, and/or low in factual reporting. Besides linking to Tim Brown’s other websites, such as the Washington Standard and Guns in the News, they also link to well-known sources with poor track records. For example, they provide news from Breitbart (Questionable), ZeroHedge (Conspiracy), New York Post (Right-Mixed), New American (Right-Mixed), and Health Nut News (Pseudoscience).
In general, the sources Reformed Media uses all have poor track records with fact-checkers and hold far-right wing biases.
Failed Fact Checks
- See individual sources above.
Overall, we rate Reformed Media Far-Right Biased and Questionable based on a complete lack of transparency and the use of poor sources that have routinely failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 7/21/2021)
Last Updated on January 24, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am