These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: Dissent is a quarterly, left-wing journal focusing on politics and culture edited by Michael Kazin and David Marcus. The journal is published by the University of Pennsylvania Press on behalf of the Foundation for the Study of Independent Social Ideas, Inc.
Latest from Dissent Magazine
- Call Now: What It’s Like to Enroll in a For-Profit College March 22, 2017 5:12 pm
- Leaked: Further Travel Restrictions from the Trump Administration March 21, 2017 9:18 pm
- [EVENT | March 29] Labor, Trump, and the Fight for Economic Justice March 21, 2017 6:02 pm
- Who Killed Obamacare? March 21, 2017 12:00 pm
- What’s the Matter with Iowa? March 21, 2017 11:00 am
- Winter 2017 March 20, 2017 5:01 am
- Extremists in Uniform March 18, 2017 1:18 pm
- Why the U.S. Women’s Hockey Players Are Planning to Strike March 17, 2017 10:00 pm
- Booked: The Empathy of Fiction, with Viet Thanh Nguyen March 17, 2017 5:40 pm
- The British Left at a Crossroads March 16, 2017 4:32 pm