These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: Dissent is a quarterly, left-wing journal focusing on politics and culture edited by Michael Kazin and David Marcus. The journal is published by the University of Pennsylvania Press on behalf of the Foundation for the Study of Independent Social Ideas, Inc. Dissent has a left wing bias in story selection and minimally through wording. Most information is properly sourced to credible information.
Latest from Dissent Magazine
- Spring 2017 June 21, 2017 2:10 pm
- What Happened to Workers’ Ed? June 21, 2017 1:00 pm
- Like the Weather June 19, 2017 1:00 pm
- Belabored Podcast #129: A New Dawn for Labour? With Ronan Burtenshaw June 16, 2017 6:26 pm
- The Party of Unlivable Wages June 16, 2017 6:14 pm
- Why Protecting Journalists is Critical for Mexico’s Democracy June 15, 2017 4:13 pm
- America’s Health Care System is Even More Broken than You Think June 14, 2017 8:46 pm
- Namibia’s Monuments to Genocide June 13, 2017 4:51 pm
- Why the Labour Party is Not in Such a Mess After All June 12, 2017 8:49 pm
- How Did Labour Do It? June 9, 2017 4:21 pm