These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: Dissent is a quarterly, left-wing journal focusing on politics and culture edited by Michael Kazin and David Marcus. The journal is published by the University of Pennsylvania Press on behalf of the Foundation for the Study of Independent Social Ideas, Inc. Dissent has a left wing bias in story selection and minimally through wording. Most information is properly sourced to credible information.
Latest from Dissent Magazine
- [EVENT | May 22] Spring Issue Launch: Capitalism Today April 26, 2017 5:30 pm
- Can Trump Deliver on Growth? April 26, 2017 1:00 pm
- How the Ivy League Collaborates with Donald Trump April 25, 2017 3:41 pm
- France, Round One: The Left’s Continuing Dilemma April 24, 2017 8:01 pm
- Belabored Podcast #126: Voices from the Rust Belt, with Chuck Jones April 21, 2017 4:49 pm
- The Enemy is Us: The Opioid Crisis and the Failure of Politics April 20, 2017 3:38 pm
- Spring 2017 April 20, 2017 1:09 pm
- France: Seeds of a New Green Left? April 19, 2017 11:13 pm
- How Tax Policy Created the 1% April 18, 2017 11:14 pm
- Did Turkey’s Democracy Devour Itself? April 18, 2017 10:56 pm