These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate RealClearMarkets Right-Center Biased based on story selection that moderately favors the Right. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to utilizing sources with mixed records with facts.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2000 and based in Chicago, Illinois, RealClearPolitics, LLC is a news aggregation political analysis and polling site. Operating under the RealClear brand, there are 14 RealClear websites that cover various platforms including RealClearPolitics, RealClearDefense, RealClearScience, RealClearReligion and more. The Founders of RealClearPolitics are John McIntyre, an options trader, and Tom Bevan, an advertising account executive.
In 2007, Forbes Media took a 51% equity stake in RealClear Holdings. In 2015, Crest Media, which owns the Middle East news outlet Al-Monitor, and the original owners bought out a large equity stake that Forbes Media had possessed. Crest Media was founded by the president and chairman of Houston-based Crest Investment Company, Jamal Daniel. Daniel is also the founder of Al-Monitor.
Launched in 2007, RealClearMarkets is the market and economics division of RealClearPolitics. John Tamny edits RealClearIMarkets.
Funded by / Ownership
RealClear Investors and Crest Media is the owner of RealClearMarkets. John McIntyre is the Co-founder & CEO, Tom Bevan is the Co-founder & Publisher, and Erin Waters is the President of the RealClear Media Group. RealClear is funded through paid subscriptions and an online advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
RealClearMarkets reports and links to news from other outlets and also produces its own original stories.
In review, RealClearMarkets frequently uses emotionally loaded headlines such as this: The SEC’s ESG Disclosures Harm Consumers, Gift Political Allies, and The CDC Exercises Arbitrary Power While Vandalizing Science.
Generally, story selection moderately favors the Right, and RealClearMarkets takes a Pro-Trump/conservative stance on most issues. RealClearMarkets typically sources their information to credible sources such as The Hill, Wall Street Journal, and NBC News; however, they also source factually mixed sources such as Fox News and the Washington Examiner. They also occasionally rely on Questionable sources such as Quillette Economic Growth Makes Us Better Off & Just Better Andrew Potter, Quillette. Finally, RealClearMarkets is skeptical when it some to human-influenced climate change. In general, most news is factual and holds a right of center bias editorially.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the last 5 years.
Overall, we rate RealClearMarkets Right-Center Biased based on story selection that moderately favors the Right. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to utilizing sources with mixed records with facts. (D. Van Zandt 8/22/2021)
Last Updated on January 23, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am