These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate RealClearDefense Right-Center Biased based on story selection that moderately favors the Right. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to sometimes utilizing sources that have Mixed records with facts.
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2000, and based in Chicago, Illinois, RealClearPolitics, LLC is a news aggregation political analysis and polling site. Operating under the RealClear brand, there are 15 RealClear websites that cover various platforms including RealClearPolitics, RealClearInvestigations, RealClearScience, RealClearReligion and more. The Founders of RealClearPolitics are John McIntyre, an options trader, and Tom Bevan, an advertising account executive.
In 2007, Forbes Media took a 51% equity stake in RealClear Holdings. In 2015, Crest Media, which owns the Middle East news outlet Al-Monitor, and the original owners bought out a large equity stake that had been possessed by Forbes Media. Crest Media was founded by the president and chairman of Houston-based Crest Investment Company Jamal Daniel. Daniel is also the founder of Al-Monitor.
Launched in 2016, RealClearDefense is the United States Defense division of RealClearPolitics, LLC. RealClearDefense is published by Tom Bevan.
Funded by / Ownership
RealClear Investors and Crest Media is the owner of RealClearPolitics. John McIntyre is the Co-founder & CEO, Tom Bevan is the Co-founder & Publisher and Erin Waters is the President of the RealClear Media Group. RealClear is funded through paid subscriptions and an online advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
RealClearDefense reports and links to news from other outlets and also produces its own original stories.
In review, RealClearDefense occasionally uses emotionally loaded headlines such as this: Is H. R. McMaster the New Mr. X? and Why Retribution Against China for COVID-19 Harms U.S. Interests.
Generally, story selection moderately favors the Right, and RealClearDefense takes a Pro-Trump stance. RealClearDefense typically sources their information to credible sources such as Military.com, Reuters, and the New York Times, however, they also source factually mixed sources such as Fox News. In general, the news is reported factually from other sources with a slight right-leaning bias in story selection, however, some of the sources have failed fact checks.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate RealClearDefense Right-Center Biased based on story selection that moderately favors the Right. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to sometimes utilizing sources that have Mixed records with facts. (D. Van Zandt 7/27/2016) Updated (4/24/2020)
Last Updated on July 25, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am