These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Military.com Least Biased based on balanced story selection with minimally loaded wording. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1999, Military.com is a website designed to appeal to current and former members of the U.S. military plus “those considering joining, and military enthusiasts and supporters.” Military.com publishes news related to the military and benefits for its members. The current editor is Hope Hodge Seck.
Funded by / Ownership
Military.com is owned by Monster Worldwide, a subsidiary of Randstad Holding, a Dutch multinational human resource consulting firm headquartered in Diemen, Netherlands. Revenue is primarily generated through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Military.com provides news as well as information about services to service members. There are separate news sections for Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and the Coast Guard. The website offers original reporting that is factual and low-biased in wording such as this: Army Identifies Reserve Soldier Killed in Syria Vehicle Rollover. However, most content comes from other outlets such as the Associated Press and Stars and Stripes, both of which we rate as least biased.
Editorially, a section called “opinion” tends to present balanced viewpoints such as this from a right-leaning perspective, The Case for Pulling US Troops Out of Africa, and this from a left-leaning perspective Betrayal of the Kurds Is a Stain on American Honor. Military.com typically sticks to the facts when reporting on former President Trump, but sometimes they do not agree with his foreign policy. In general, they report factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Military.com Least Biased based on balanced story selection with minimally loaded wording. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 7/23/2017) Updated (1/25/2020)
Last Updated on September 16, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am