Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information; therefore, fact-checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Press for Truth a strong conspiracy and pseudoscience website based on the promotion of misinformation and unproven claims.
Bias Rating: RIGHT CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Press for Truth does not have an about page; however, according to their Facebook page, they are founded by Dan Dicks, who is an “investigative journalist and an award-winning documentary filmmaker.” Press for Truth is an “independent media outlet which produces videos and documentary films about issues that the mainstream media often fails to report on.”
Funded by / Ownership
Press for Truth lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership; however, the primary contact is Dan Hicks. Donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Press for Truth publishes news stories and investigations that are generally credible and properly sourced. However, they also explore conspiracy theories such as the Bilderbergs and 911 Truth. They sometimes use Russian propaganda sources such as RT and Sputnik and legendary conspiracy website Infowars.
At the time of this review, they promote Covid-19 misinformation and often rail against the Trudeau government Theo Fleury Opens Up About Sexual Abuse Comparing Former Abuser To Current Canadian Government!!! In general, they promote conspiracy theories and pseudoscience favored by the Right.
Failed Fact Checks
- None found, but the sources they rely upon frequently fail fact checks.
Overall, we rate Press for Truth a strong conspiracy and pseudoscience website based on the promotion of misinformation and unproven claims. (D. Van Zandt 5/19/2018) Updated (02/03/2022)
Last Updated on February 3, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black Main Streetby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WCAXby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/23/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 23, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Science.Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 23, 2022 at 8:00 am