These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Armstrong Economics Right Biased through story selection and affiliation. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the occasional promotion of conspiracy theories and not aligning with the consensus of science on climate change.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Armstrong Economics is an economics blog that states its mission is “to research historical cyclical patterns and market behavior in timing, price, and crisis to understand better and identify potential future trends, using an extensive monetary database and advanced proprietary models. The site is founded by Martin Armstrong, a former Chairman of Princeton Economics International and The Foundation for the Study of Cycles.
Funded by / Ownership
Martin Armstrong owns the website, and revenue is derived through the sale of videos.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Armstrong Economics presents news with a right-leaning bias through story selection. The website contains a lot of research on economic and historical cycles and a blog written by Martin Armstrong. The blog generally consists of Mr. Armstrong answering questions that readers send. His blogs are usually well-sourced and researched, with little use of loaded words. Armstrong Economics does have a right-leaning libertarian bias in its political affiliation and story selection.
When it comes to science Armstrong Economics does not support the consensus that global warming is human-influenced; further, they promote the conspiracy that climate change is a tool to eliminate Democracy: Is Climate Change a Tool to Eliminate Democracy? Regarding conspiracies, they also promote the Deep State conspiracy such as this: Deep State is just getting deeper & Rosenstein is a member of a coup to overthrow an elected official destroying the Constitution ending Democracy. Finally, they promote misinformation regarding Covid-19 and vaccines What is the REAL Agenda with Vaccines & Climate Change.
Failed Fact Checks
- The CDC is a private, nonprofit corporation. – False
- “CDC admits that COVID tests are invalid.” – False
Overall, we rate Armstrong Economics Right Biased through story selection and affiliation. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion of conspiracy theories and not aligning with the consensus of science on climate change. (D. Van Zandt 10/4/2017) Updated (01/03/2022)
Last Updated on March 4, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am