These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Arkansas Times on the far end of Left-Center Biased due to editorial positions that almost exclusively favor the left and news reporting that mildly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and having a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1974, the Arkansas Times is a weekly alternative newspaper based in Little Rock, Arkansas. Although the website does not feature an about page, they provide the tagline “Arkansas’s source for news, politics & entertainment.” The current editor is Lindsey Millar.
Funded by / Ownership
The Arkansas Times does not disclose ownership; however, according to Ballotpedia, the paper is published by Arkansas Times Limited Partnership. The paper and website are funded through a combination of subscription fees and advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Arkansas Times covers daily news coverage on their website and content from their weekly print publication. The Arkansas Times also features an opinion blog and information about entertainment in the Little Rock area. There is minimal use of loaded words in news stories such as this: What Leila Dockery learned during her three-year journey walking every street in Little Rock. Information in this story and others is appropriately sourced.
Editorially, there is a strong liberal bias in reporting. There is significant use of loaded language against the right and President Trump in this column: “What an outrage! A Democratic woman talking like a Republican man! President Trump should march right into the House of Representatives, grab this Muslim wench by her [expletive deleted] and deport her to whatever bleep-hole country she came from.”
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate the Arkansas Times on the far end of Left-Center Biased due to editorial positions that almost exclusively favor the left and news reporting that mildly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and having a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 1/22/2019) Updated (03/04/2022)
Last Updated on March 4, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am