These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Philadelphia Inquirer Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor liberal policies. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing, labeling content, and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1829, The Philadelphia Inquirer is a morning daily broadsheet newspaper that serves the Philadelphia metropolitan area of the United States. The current editor is Gabriel Escobar. The Inquirer has won 20 Pulitzer Prizes.
Funded by / Ownership
The newspaper and website are held by The Philadelphia Inquirer LLC, which is owned by The Philadelphia Foundation, a nonprofit organization in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Advertising and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Philadelphia Inquirer covers local news, breaking news, sports, and politics. Local news is covered with minimal bias, such as this 2 Philadelphia men killed in Bucks County campground altercation. National and International news is primarily covered by the Associated Press and the Washington Post. They also offer opinion pieces that are clearly labeled and placed in their own section.
Editorially, over the last 20 years, the Inquirer has endorsed Democratic Presidential candidates. A review of op-eds reveals more lean left such as this: Trump deserves impeachment process | Editorial. In general, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports news accurately and with minimal bias; however, editorially, they are moderately liberal.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Philadelphia Inquirer Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor liberal policies. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing, labeling content, and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 5/18/2016) Updated (05/17/2021)
Last Updated on May 17, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm