These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Metro Philadelphia Left-Center Biased based on story selection that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2000, Metro is a free daily newspaper in Philadelphia. Metro covers local news, entertainment, and national news stories. The Metro also links to AM New York, a sister publication. The website does not clearly disclose ownership
Funded by / Ownership
Metro is owned by Schneps Media, which also owns the New York and Boston Metro papers. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Metro Philadephia offers original news reporting on local news as well as republished stories from credible outlets such as the Philadelphia Inquirer and Reuters. Local news reporting generally features low biased wording such as this Kensington residents call for change following Somerset closure.
Editorially, they do not directly publish opinion content and when reporting on political news they almost exclusively rely on Reuters. On certain issues, they tend to lean left such as frequent news stories that are favorable toward marijuana legalization. In general, they report news factually and with a slight left-leaning bias in story selection.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Metro Philadelphia Left-Center Biased based on story selection that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 3/17/2017) Updated (3/24/2021)
Last Updated on March 24, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm