These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Philippine Daily Inquirer Left-Center biased based on left-leaning editorial bias and Mostly Factual for factual reporting due to a lack of hyperlinked sourcing.
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
World Press Freedom Rank: Philippines 136/180
Established in 1985, the Philippine Daily Inquirer is a newspaper published in the Philippines. It was founded by Eugenia Apóstol, columnist Max Solivén, together with Betty Go-Belmonte. The Philippine Daily Inquirer focuses on covering national news and current headlines from the Philippines and around the world. They are based in Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In review, with opinion pieces, the paper leans towards the left with the choice of words both on headlines and articles such as this “Dolomite populism”. A quote from the article reads “Climate change is real, with the Philippines consistently ranking among the most vulnerable nations on earth. What we desperately need beyond resilience is proactive governance, not performative “dolomite populism.” The article is also critical of right-leaning President Duterte.
The Philippine Daily Inquirer also publishes articles with emotionally loaded language such as “Duterte threatens to be Robredo’s ‘nightmare‘ if she runs for president” and “After Duterte’s address, Robredo tells President: Don’t be onion-skinned.”
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Philippine Daily Inquirer Left-Center biased based on left-leaning editorial bias and Mostly Factual for factual reporting due to a lack of hyperlinked sourcing. (11/25/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 11/18/2020)
Last Updated on November 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds