These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate OneIndia Left-Center biased based on story selection and Mixed for factual reporting due to poor use of sources and a failed fact check.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: LIMITED FREEDOM
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2006, OneIndia is an online portal from India that delivers content in 6 languages: English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam & Telug. OneIndia was founded by BG Mahesh & Sriram Hebbar. They are headquartered in Bengaluru, India.
OneIndia brings information from diverse sources. For example, they use Boldsky for their coverage on Beauty, Fashion, Recipes, Health, and more. Further, they also provide National News, World News, Politics, and classifieds.
Funded by / Ownership
Greynium Information Technologies Pvt Ltd. owns OneIndia. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
According to Reporters Without Borders, the media environment in India is threatened by increasing nationalism. India ranks 142th out of 180 countries (2021) on the World Press Freedom Index.
In review, OneIndia publishes stories with minimally loaded headlines such as “Want to deepen ties with China to get more leverage in dealings with India: Nepal PM.” However, many of their articles are sourced through quotes and rarely linked to those sources. OneIndia also utilizes Press Trust of India (PTI) for its international coverage, the largest news agency in India. For National politics, they publish articles criticizing right-wing populist current PM Narendra Modi. A sample quote from the article reads: “PM Modi too often goes into a complete ‘silent mode,’ especially when the nation is in any crisis. Otherwise, he speaks a lot, mostly during election rallies.” USA news coverage mostly lean left, such as “Russian involvement in US elections: Probe looking at Kushner foreign business contacts,” which uses CNN as a source.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate OneIndia Left-Center biased based on story selection and Mixed for factual reporting due to poor use of sources and a failed fact check. (M. Huitsing 2/20/2018) Updated (01/05/2022)
Last Updated on January 5, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am