These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Modern Healthcare Least Biased based on minimal political editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1976, Modern Healthcare is a twice-monthly business publication targeting executives in the healthcare industry. According to their about page, “Modern Healthcare is the industry’s leading source of healthcare business and policy news, research and information. We report on important healthcare events and trends as they happen, through our print magazine, websites, e-newsletters, mobile products, and events.”
Funded by / Ownership
Modern Healthcare is owned by Crain’s Communications, a 3rd generation family-owned business based in Detriot, Michigan. Advertising, subscriptions, and events generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The Modern Healthcare magazine and website publishes news and commentary on the USA healthcare industry. They primarily focus on healthcare policy and the business aspects of the industry. Articles and headlines use minimally emotional wording, such as this Massachussetts OKs Optum’s $236 million not-for-profit Atrius Health deal. Articles are sourced adequately from credible media sources and organizations. National and international news comes from the Associated Press.
Editorially, they appropriately label opinion content and focus on issues related to healthcare, such as this It’s time to change the language physicians use in medical records. They also frequently cover issues with Medicaid/Medicare, such as this Commentary: Medicaid needs partners to smooth the off-ramp for millions of Americans. Finally, their coverage of Covid-19 is evidence-based and pro-science. In general, Modern Healthcare provides fact-based news with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Modern Healthcare Least Biased based on minimal political editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 04/24/2022)
Last Updated on April 24, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Madison Cawthorn concedes to Chuck Edwards in North Carolinaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am
- Far-right election denier Mastriano wins GOP race for governor in Pennsylvaniaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am