These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Live Science a Pro-Science source based on support for the consensus of the science and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2004, Live Science is a science news website that reports news in the following categories: News – Tech – Health – Planet Earth – Strange News – Animals – History – Culture – Space. Stories and editorial commentary are typically syndicated to major news outlets, such as Yahoo!, MSNBC, AOL, and Fox News. According to their about page, “For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet, while also digging up fascinating discoveries that hit on a broad range of fields, from dinosaurs and archaeology to wacky physics and astronomy to health and human behavior. If you want to learn something interesting every day, Live Science is the place for you.” The current editor-in-chief is Bill Bannon.
Funded by / Ownership
Live Science is owned by Future, US Inc., a subsidiary of the UK-based company Future PLC. Live Science generates revenue through advertising and syndication of content.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Live Science publishes a wide range of popular science stories and hard science, and humorous but scientific stories. Live Science reports via the consensus of science and is often critical of those who report false or misleading information, such as this: ‘Blind’ on Climate, Trump Inspires Name for Sightless, Slimy, Worm-Like Creature. Other than occasional political jabs at those who do not support science consensus, Live Science is a credible science news source.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Live Science a Pro-Science source based on support for the consensus of the science and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 8/26/2016) Updated (4/23/2019)
Last Updated on April 18, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am