These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Contagion Live a pro-science source based on only focusing on science and reliance on peer-reviewed studies.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Journal
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2016, Contagion Live is a bimonthly journal for medical professionals covering infectious diseases. According to their about page, “Contagion is a fully integrated news resource covering all areas of infectious disease. Through our website, bimonthly journal, email newsletters, and social media outlets, we provide practitioners and specialists with disease-specific information designed to improve patient outcomes and assist with the identification, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of infectious diseases.”
Funded by / Ownership
MJH Lifesciences, a New Jersey-based medical media company, owns and publishes Contagion. MJH owns approximately 50 specialty medical publications. Advertising and print subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Contagion publishes videos, podcasts, and news articles related to infectious diseases. Articles and headlines are minimally biased, such as this Children’s Duration of COVID-19 Immunity from Natural Infection. News articles are properly sourced from credible peer-reviewed journals and organizations like the CDC and WHO. Many articles are technical and geared toward medical professionals, such as this Novel Antimalarial Shows Promise in Multifaceted Phase 1 Trial.
Editorially, they do not produce opinion content or discuss politics. In general, this is a low-biased pro-science source.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Contagion Live a pro-science source based on only focusing on science and reliance on peer-reviewed studies. (D. Van Zandt 03/19/2022)
Last Updated on March 19, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Madison Cawthorn concedes to Chuck Edwards in North Carolinaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am
- Far-right election denier Mastriano wins GOP race for governor in Pennsylvaniaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am