Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1954 and a CBS/NBC-affiliated television station, KALB – Central Louisiana News serves Alexandria Louisiana and the surrounding area. Kalb.com is the associated website for the TV news station that provides local and national news and sports, weather, traffic, and entertainment.
Funded by / Ownership
KALB – Central Louisiana News is owned by Gray Television, which operates 145 stations across the USA. Sponsored content and advertising generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, KALB – Central Louisiana News provides news coverage for Alexandria, Louisiana, and the surrounding areas. Local news is covered through reporters with minimal bias and often has video provided by the TV station: Some parts of Sulphur to be placed under precautionary boil advisory Wednesday. The national news is provided through other Gray Television affiliates as well as the Associated Press. International news generally comes from CNN and the Associated Press.
Editorially, KALB – Central Louisiana News does not offer an opinion page. In general, they report news factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate KALB – Central Louisiana News Least Biased based on minimally loaded language and minimal editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 02/14/2022)
Last Updated on February 14, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. Senate Gives Final Congressional Approval To $40 Billion Aid Package For Ukraineby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm
- Finland and Sweden Apply for NATO Membershipby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:59 pm
- New Twitter policy aims to pierce fog of war misinformationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:43 pm
- Biden To Meet Swedish, Finnish Leaders On NATO Membershipby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 2:24 pm
- Texas asks Supreme Court to keep state social media censorship law in effectby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 12:17 pm