These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Intrepid Report strongly Left Biased based on story selection that always favors the Left and Mixed for factual reporting due to a failed fact check, frequent use of highly emotional language, and not always supporting the consensus of science.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The Intrepid Report is a news and opinion website with a left bias in reporting. The Intrepid Report has been around in some form since 1998 and always features independent authors. According to their about page they are an “independent, feisty, reader-supported alternative to the corporate news media.” This source features such notable writers as Robert Reich from The American Prospect Magazine, which also falls within our left bias category. The current editor is Bev Conover.
Funded by / Ownership
The website is owned by Bev Conover. Intrepid report generates revenue through donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Intrepid report publishes news through independent authors with a strong liberal bias in reporting. There is the frequent use of loaded emotional language that denigrates the right such as this: Trump’s POS labor secretary, Acosta, out; POS number 2, linked to Abramoff, to fill role. Despite the use of highly biased language the article itself is well written and properly sourced to High factual sources such as the New York Times, Reuters, NPR, and Mother Jones.
Editorially, the Intrepid Report always favors the left through policy endorsement as well as word choices. When it comes to science they support the consensus on Climate Change but do not when it comes to the safety of GMO’s. In general, they report news and opinions from a left-leaning perspective 100% of the time.
Overall, we rate Intrepid Report strongly Left Biased based on story selection that always favors the Left and Mixed for factual reporting due to a failed fact check, frequent use of highly emotional language, and not always supporting the consensus of science. (D. Van Zandt 7/20/2017) Updated (7/16/2019)
Last Updated on October 8, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm