These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Daily Hampshire Gazette Left-Center biased based on moderately left leaning editorial positions and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 1786, The Daily Hampshire Gazette is a daily broadsheet newspaper based in Northampton, Massachusetts, and covering all of Hampshire County and the southern towns of Franklin County, Massachusetts. The current editor is Brooke Hauser.
Funded by / Ownership
The Daily Hampshire Gazette is owned by Newspapers of New England, Inc. (NNE), which is a privately owned publisher of nine daily and weekly newspapers in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. The paper is funded through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Daily Hampshire Gazette publishes local news through staff journalists with minimal bias such as this: Should Northampton, Florence ban smoking downtown? National news is covered through wire services such as the Associated Press. Editorially, there is a moderate left bias through endorsement of Democratic candidates such as Hillary Clinton in 2016. A review of multiple editorials and opinion pieces reveals a left leaning bias in story selection and wording that favors the left. In general, news is reported factually with a left leaning editorial bias.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Daily Hampshire Gazette Left-Center biased based on moderately left leaning editorial positions and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 6/5/2019)
Last Updated on March 21, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am