These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Daily Herald Right-Center biased based on right leaning editorial positions and High for factual reporting based on strong sourcing and a clean fact check record
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
The Daily Herald is a daily newspaper founded in 1871, based in Arlington Heights, Illinois. The current editor is John Lampinenis. The Daily Herald covers both international and national news as well as news local to its circulation area (Chicago and Suburbs).
The Daily Herald is based in the United States. Read our profile on USA government influence on media.
Funded by / Ownership
The paper is owned by Paddock Publications. Revenue is derived through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Daily Herald uses credible sources in their reporting, for example they often republish articles from the Associated Press under their News category: “2 former presidents break with tradition to denounce Trump.” The Daily Herald states their editorial position as :“The institutional philosophy of our editorial board is fiscally conservative, socially moderate or occasionally even progressive.”
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Daily Herald Right-Center biased based on right leaning editorial positions and High for factual reporting based on strong sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 10/24/2017) Updated (11/7/2019)
Last Updated on March 21, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am