These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Honolulu Star-Advertiser slightly Left-Center biased based on mildly left leaning editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser is the largest daily broadsheet newspaper in Hawaii, formed in 2010 with the merger of The Honolulu Advertiser and the Honolulu Star-Bulletin. The current editor is Frank Bridgewater.
Funded by / Ownership
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser is owned by Black Press Ltd. and operated by Oahu Publications Inc. Revenue is derived through advertising, subscriptions and news stand sales.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Star-Advertiser covers news around the island of Oahu with minimal bias in wording such as this, Military officials offer few details in Pearl Harbor fatal shooting; motive still unknown. National and international is published through the Associated Press.
Editorially, the Star-Advertiser does not endorse Presidential Candidates and op-eds are reasonably balanced. Political news coverage tends to slightly lean left with consistent positive coverage of Democratic Presidential Candidate Tulsi Gabbard, who is a congresswoman from Hawaii.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Honolulu Star-Advertiser slightly Left-Center biased based on mildly left leaning editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 5/16/2016) Updated (12/7/2019)
Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm