A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per-article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- In conclusion, the Honolulu Reporter is an imposter site, lacks transparency, and publishes false information. As a result, we rate them right-center, biased, and Questionable.
Questionable Reasoning: Imposter Site, Lack of Transparency, False Information
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
The Honolulu Reporter is a conservative news and opinion website published by Metric Media LLC that is designed to look like a local news source. Metric Media publishes over 1000 websites with the same design and about page that reads “Metric Media was established to fill the void in community news after years of decline in local reporting by legacy media. Our approach is to provide objective, data-driven information without political bias. We provide 100% original reporting, including to share as much data as possible from government and other publicly available sources.”
Metric Media LLC lacks transparency as they do not have an about page that describes their conservative agenda, nor discloses funding and ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
The Metric Media LLC website does not disclose ownership. The Metric Media Foundation owns each local website. The CEO of Metric Media is conservative political consultant Bradley Cameron. Each website receives revenue through advertising and donations to the Metric Media Foundation. The Foundation then funds the websites’ production.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Honolulu Reporter is one of over 1000 conservative-leaning news websites published by the Metric Media LLC Network. Each of the websites in the network has the same design and generally relies on algorithmically produced content. Furthermore, the original content produced on the website holds a right-leaning editorial bias. Please see the full review of Metric Media websites here.
Failed Fact Checks
- See Metric Media
In conclusion, the Honolulu Reporter is an imposter site, lacks transparency, and publishes false information. As a result, we rate them right-center, biased, and Questionable. (D. Van Zandt 06/22/2021)
Last Updated on February 11, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am