These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.
- Overall, we rate Global Integrity Least Biased based on mostly balanced story selection. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Global Integrity is located in Washington, D.C., USA, and provides empirically-supported information that analyzes corruption and governance trends. According to their about page “Our mission is to help people and organizations solve complex social problems by supporting locally-led innovation, learning, and adaptation.”
Funded by / Ownership
Global Integrity is a hybrid organization that seeks to generate earned revenue to support its public-interest mission. They are primarily funded through donations. They provide yearly reports here.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the website reports news on how to improve governance through equity. Not sure what that means, but it seems they want an even playing field. The website offers a blog that is written by staff, that tends to lean slightly left such as this: Beating kleptocrats at their own game: Learning how to tackle kleptocracy more effectively. This story is properly sourced to The Guardian and Atlantic. In fact, most stories on this site are properly sourced. Global Integrity is pro-science when it comes to climate change such as this: Avoiding a Soylent Green Data Revolution. In general, Global Integrity slightly leans left in editorial bias, but overall is not overtly biased and retains a least biased rating.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Global Integrity Least Biased based on mostly balanced story selection. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 7/6/2016) Updated (10/05/2020)
Last Updated on October 5, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am