Reasoning: Lack of Transparency, Pseudoscience
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The Foreign Policy Initiative (FPI) was an American think tank until 2017. According to its website previous website, the FPI is committed to robust support for democratic allies, human rights, a strong American military equipped to meet the challenges of the 21st century, and strengthening America’s global economic competitiveness.
Currently, the domain foreignpolicyi.org belongs to an anonymously run website that promotes clickbait-type news articles.
Funded by / Ownership
The Foreign Policy website does not disclose ownership and revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the current website does not focus on Foreign Policy, but rather on clickbait type articles such as this Trump: Obama was grossly incompetent and this Minimizing the Crash Risk In Your Workplace. The website also promotes fad diets and pseudoscience such as acupuncture. In general, this is a source that does not state a mission but appears to publish anything that might be shared on social media.
Failed Fact Checks
- They have not been fact-checked.
Overall, we rate Foreign Policy Initiative Questionable based on a lack of transparency and the promotion of pseudoscience. (D. Van Zandt 2/11/2017) Updated (2/18/2021)
Last Updated on February 18, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm