These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See more Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Times of Israel Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: Israel (88/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2012, The Times of Israel is an online newspaper published in English, Arabic, French, Chinese, and Persian, covering “developments in Israel, the Middle East and around the Jewish world.” In addition to publishing news reports and analyses, The Times of Israel hosts a multi-author blog platform. Its headquarters are in Jerusalem. The co-founder and editor are David Horovitz. The other co-founder is American billionaire Seth Klarman, founder of the Baupost Group and chairman of The David Project. Klarman is the chairman of the website.
According to their about page, “The Times of Israel has no partisan political affiliation. It seeks to present the news fair-mindedly and offers a wide range of analysis and opinion pieces.”
Funded by / Ownership
The Times of Israel is co-owned by David Horovitz and Seth Klarman. Revenue is generated through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Times of Israel covers Israeli and regional news with minimally loaded language such as this: US envoy suggests world should rethink PA aid after Israeli teen killed by bomb. This particular story relies on Twitter as the primary source. In another report, Ex-Iraqi PM warns Israel of ‘strong response’ if it proves to be behind strikes, the primary source is the New York Times. The Times of Israel also relies on news agencies for content, such as the Associated Press and the Jewish Telegraphic Agency.
The website also features a blog with a wide variety of writers. The blog posts tend to use more emotional wording and are generally opinion-oriented. A review of several blog posts indicates a left-leaning editorial bias with articles such as this: What Trump really (maybe) meant by calling Jewish Democrats ‘disloyal’. When covering the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, they usually are objective and cover both sides fairly, such as this: IDF strikes fresh Hamas targets after 2nd rocket fired from Gaza Strip. In general, the Times of Israel is factual with a slight left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Times of Israel Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 12/5/2016) Updated (9/20/2021)
Last Updated on September 20, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am