These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the San Luis Obispo Tribune Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that usually favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1869, The Tribune is a daily broadsheet newspaper and news website that covers San Luis Obispo County, California. The current publisher is Tim Ritchey.
Funded by / Ownership
San Luis Obispo Tribune is owned by McClatchy Company which operates 31 daily newspapers in fourteen states, however on 2/13/2020 it was announced McClatchy filed for bankruptcy. At this time the future of ownership is unknown. The newspaper and website is funded through an advertising and subscription model.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the website and newspaper cover local news around San Luis Obispo county through Tribune reporters. They present news with minimally loaded wording in headlines such as this: Andy Caldwell reported questionable campaign donations — it’s ‘nothing nefarious,’ he says. National and international news is covered by other McClatchy properties as well as the Associated Press.
Editorially, The Tribune typically does not endorse Presidential candidates, however in 2016 they made an exception and endorsed Democratic Candidate Hillary Clinton. A review of editorials demonstrate more favor left leaning positions such as public education funding and reporting negatively on conservatives such as this SLO County official compared Democrats to Nazis. He should apologize and resign. In general, they report news factually with a left leaning editorial bias.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the San Luis Obispo Tribune Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that usually favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/28/2020)
Last Updated on August 9, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am