These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, Foreign Policy In Focus or FPIF is biased in favor of progressive causes, therefore we rate them Left-Center biased and High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Formed in 1996, Foreign Policy In Focus is a project of the Institute for Policy Studies (launched 1963), which is an American progressive think tank based in Washington, D.C. and it has been described as one of the five major, independent think tanks in Washington. They describe themselves on their about page as a “Think Tank Without Walls” and their goal is “FPIF aims to amplify the voice of progressives and to build links with social movements in the U.S. and around the world.
Funded by / Ownership
Foreign Policy in Focus is owned by the Institute for Policy Studies and is transparent in their funding.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Foreign Policy In Focus publishes analysis that is well sourced to credible left leaning media such as: Washington Post, Boston Globe, NYTimes, HuffPost, Right Web, and NPR. Although they do utilize loaded language in their headlines and articles such as “Trump’s Enablers Should Be Shamed Out of Public Life” They also use similar language towards Hillary Clinton: “Clinton’s State Department overlooked human rights abuses and corruption while keeping a lucrative flow of contracts moving to U.S. security firms working in Mexico.” And former President Obama: “Trump Plans to Make It Easier to Kill Civilians with Drones. Sadly, We Can Thank Obama for That.” We could not find any instances of a failed fact checks from FPIF.
Overall, Foreign Policy In Focus or FPIF is biased in favor of progressive causes, therefore we rate them Left-Center biased and High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing. (M. Huitsing 10/19/2017) Updated (11/9/2018)
Last Updated on April 6, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am