These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Eau Claire Leader-Telegram Least Biased based on balanced story selection and editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Funded by / Ownership
The Leader-Telegram is published by Adams Publishing Group, which is owned by billionaire Stephen Adams, a billboard magnate who contributed $1,008,982 to the pro-Trump campaign as per a Bluestem Prairie article. Revenue is derived through advertisements and paywall fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Leader-Telegram covers local news through journalists with minimal bias such as this Neighborhood store closing this weekend in Eau Claire. National and international news is republished from the Associated Press and the Tribune Content Service.
Editorially, we could not find political endorsements by this paper. Editorials are generally balanced with perhaps a slight lean to the right in story selection such as this: The case for censure over impeachment. In general, news reporting is factual and mostly low biased.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Eau Claire Leader-Telegram Least Biased based on balanced story selection and editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 12/21/2019)
Last Updated on March 26, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am