Founded in 1853, The Dispatch-Argus is a daily print newspaper published in East Moline, Illinois, United States. The paper covers news, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and opinion for the Quad Cities and the surrounding area. qconline.com serves as the domain for the online version of the newspaper.
Funded by / Ownership
Lee Enterprises owns and publishes the Dispatch-Argus. According to Open Secrets, Lee Enterprises donated 88% of its money to Republican politicians from 1990 until 2016. However, during the 2020 election cycle, they donated 70% to Democratic candidates and causes. Advertising and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Dispatch-Argus reports on news, sports, weather, crime, and entertainment for the greater Quad Cities region. Reporters demonstrate minimal bias when reporting local news, such as this Iowa to change unemployment process starting Jan. 9. Further, the website publishes national and international news from the Associated Press. Finally, all information is sourced via first-person accounts or through credible media.
Editorially, the Dispatch-Argus News reasonably represents both sides. A review of editorial articles demonstrates a reasonable low bias; however, slightly more op-eds favor the right such as this WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING: A simple ask, Gov. Pritzker. While more op-eds favor the right, liberal perspectives have fair representation; therefore, they earn a least biased rating on the right side of the scale. In general, the news is reported factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Dispatch-Argus Least Biased based on reasonably balanced editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 12/14/2021)
Last Updated on February 10, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am