A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate DavidHarrisJr.com Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, use of poor sources, promotion of propaganda, and conspiracy theories as well as numerous failed fact checks.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Numerous Failed Fact Checks
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Launched in 2017, DavidHarrisJr.com is the hyper-partisan conservative news website for David Harris, Jr., who is the CEO and founder of Uncorked Health and Wellness. The website also hosts his radio show and podcasts.
Funded by / Ownership
The website is owned by David Harris through DJHJ Media, LLC. Revenue is derived through advertising and paid memberships to remove ads and access exclusive content.
Analysis / Bias
In review, DavidHarrisJr.com publishes summarized news stories with the addition of conservative commentary. News stories utilize highly emotional wording that favors the right such as this: Here are Ten White People Who Helped Destroy Their Cities After the Death of George Floyd. This story is sourced to the factually mixed Daily Caller. Another story reads Traitor John Roberts…Unadulterated Liberal Hack in Charge of Supreme Court, which is unsourced. Story selection always favors the right and denigrates the left. In general, DavidHarrisJr.com promotes far-right propaganda and conspiracy theories as evidenced below in failed fact checks.
Failed Fact Checks (a small sampling)
- Trump Accuser Targeted With TV Clip – False
- Did Reddit postings show the shooter in Jacksonville, Florida, was part of the “anti-Trump resistance”? – False
- Did the Obama administration separate “72,410 Children From Their Families in 2013”? – Mostly False
- Did Twitter Censor a Video From the Trump Campaign? – False
- A video spreading on Facebook has been mislabeled to make a political statement about Democratic lawmakers in California. However, the video, which seems to show people under the influence of drugs, was filmed in Philadelphia. – False
- Photo of migrant mother at U.S.-Mexico border running from tear gas with children “was a staged hoax.” – Pants On Fire
- Are hundreds of individual payments made by ActBlue Texas connected to Black Lives Matter, Thousand Currents or rioters? – False
Overall, we rate DavidHarrisJr.com Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, use of poor sources, promotion of propaganda, and conspiracy theories as well as numerous failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 7/21/2020)