A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per-article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate DJHJ Media extreme right-biased and Questionable based on the use of poor sources, promotion of propaganda, and conspiracy theories, as well as consistent one-sided sensationalized reporting.
Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Sensationalism
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Launched in March 2019, DJHJ Media is a conservative commentary news website founded by entrepreneur David J. Harris Jr., who runs the website davidharrisjr.com. According to their about page, “DJHJ Media is an opinion and commentary source for conservatives everywhere.” David Harris Jr. is the CEO and founder of Uncorked Health and Wellness.
Funded by / Ownership
David Harris Jr. owns the website through DJHJ Media, LLC. Advertising and book sales generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, DJHJ Media publishes summarized news stories with the addition of conservative commentary and straight opinion pieces. News stories utilize highly emotional wording that favors the right such as this: ‘Defund the Police’ Movement Gets Smacked With Reality After Significant Spikes in Violent Crime. This story is sourced from the factually mixed New York Post. Another story reads Trump Administration Warns Anti-White Discrimination May Cost Corporations Their Federal Contracts, sourced from the Questionable Big League Politics.
Further, DJHJ media frequently promotes right-wing conspiracy theories such as Kamala Harris not being eligible to be Vice President Kamala Harris Fights Back Against Questions of Her Eligibility to Be Vice President. Kamala Harris is obviously qualified to be Vice President as she is an American Citizen. Further, they have promoted misinformation regarding Coronavirus as well as furthering conspiracies regarding mail-in ballots, in which they claim without evidence that “It has been their plan for some time because mail-in voting is how the Democrats expect to cheat enough to beat Donald Trump in November.” In general, story selection always favors the right and denigrates the left. DJHJ Media promotes far-right propaganda and conspiracy theories, as evidenced by the above claims.
Failed Fact Checks
- CIA Whistleblower Exposes Biden’s Alleged Role with the Deaths of Seal Team- Claims to have Documented Proof – No Evidence
- “Leftists” sent “Proud Boys” emails threatening Democratic voters. – False
- “SoS Brad Raffensperger to Investigate Himself Over Voter Fraud…10 to 1 He Will Find Himself Innocent,” – False
- Arizona House bill to “decertify” 2020 results “could effectively recall the Biden electors.” – Pants on Fire
Overall, we rate DJHJ Media extreme right-biased and Questionable based on the use of poor sources, promotion of propaganda, and conspiracy theories, as well as consistent one-sided sensationalized reporting. (D. Van Zandt 10/13/2020) Updated (02/12/2022)
Last Updated on February 12, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am