These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) a pro-science source.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY-HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1930, The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is an American professional association of pediatricians headquartered in Elk Grove Village, Illinois. It maintains its Department of Federal Affairs office in Washington, D.C. The AAP News is the academy’s official news magazine, and Pediatrics is its flagship journal.
Funded by / Ownership
The AAP is a nonprofit funded through donations, memberships, and subscriptions to their journals.
Analysis / Bias
The AAP is the largest pediatric publishing program globally, with more than 300 titles for consumers and over 500 titles for physicians and other healthcare professionals. The AAP website publishes medical news from their other publications, such as healthychildren.org. All information is pro-science and factual.
Overall, we rate The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) a pro-science source. (D. Van Zandt 4/15/2017) Updated (02/06/2022)
Last Updated on February 6, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am