These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.
- Overall, we rate Blue Lives Matter/Police Tribune Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that routinely favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sources and a few unverified claims via fact-checkers.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Blue Lives Matter is a pro-police movement in the United States. It was started after the killings of NYPD officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu in Brooklyn, New York, on December 20, 2014, after they were ambushed in their patrol car. Blue Lives Matter was formed in reaction to the Black Lives Matter movement, which seeks to end police brutality against the African American community. According to their about page, “Blue Lives Matter is a media company, founded and run entirely by active, former, and retired law enforcement officers and their families.” The current editor-in-chief is Christopher Berg.
The website was renamed The Police Tribune in 2020.
Funded by / Ownership
Warrior 12, LLC owns blue Lives Matter/Police Tribune. Revenue is derived through advertising and a store that sells branded merchandise.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Police Tribune reports on news related to crimes committed against police and perceived injustices against police, such as this Seattle Rioting Leaves 12 Officers Injured, Numerous Businesses Vandalized. This story is properly sourced to KIRO7, the Washington Post, and Seattle Times. Another sample story is as follows Man Arrested For Throwing Molotov Cocktail At Police Horses. This story is also properly sourced to local media WTEN. Although most stories are properly sourced to credible media outlets, some are linked to poor sources, such as Project Veritas, which has failed fact checks and has been caught editing videos misleadingly. We have also found examples of using Questionable sources such as Political Insider and the discredited Gateway Pundit.
Editorially, Blue Lives Matter/Police Tribune strongly supports former President Trump Trump Says No Suspects Are Arrested In 68% Of Baltimore Murders, Police Confirm It’s True, and this uses strong emotional language School District Defends AP History Lesson Calling Trump A Nazi And Communist. The website also frequently reports negatively on Black Lives Matter highlighting crimes and implying they are racist Muhammad Ali’s Son Says Dad Wouldn’t Have Supported ‘Racist’ Black Lives Matter. Blue Lives Matter/Police Tribune presents a strong conservative bias that utilizes poor sources and publishes news that is not always verified as factual.
Failed Fact Checks
- A Dunkin’ Donuts in Brooklyn refused to serve two NYPD officers. – Unproven
- Kroger Accused of Refusing to Serve a Police Officer – Unverified
Overall, we rate Blue Lives Matter/Police Tribune Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that routinely favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sources and a few unverified claims via fact-checkers. (11/14/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 04/22/2022)
Last Updated on April 22, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am