These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Seattle Times Left-Center biased based on liberal editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1891, The Seattle Times is a broadsheet newspaper from Seattle, Washington. The paper has received 10 Pulitzer Prizes. The current editor is Michele Matassa Flores.
Funded by / Ownership
The paper is owned by The Seattle Times Company, which also owns local newspapers in Walla Walla and Yakima. Revenue is derived through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Seattle Times publishes local, regional, national, and international news. Local and regional news is often in-depth and utilizes low biased wording: Woman shot in South Delridge neighborhood near West Seattle, police search for suspects. Information is always properly sourced. National and international news is provided through the Associated Press.
Editorially, the Seattle Times has endorsed Democratic Presidential candidates 70% of the time since 1980. However, since 2000 they have only endorsed Democratic candidates. A review of Op-Eds reveals more favor the left than the right.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Seattle Times Left-Center biased based on liberal editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 5/18/2016) Updated (07/02/2021)
Last Updated on July 2, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am