These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Albuquerque Journal Right-Center Biased based on an editorial board that consistently favors the right and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Albuquerque Journal traces its history to 1880. It is the successor to a newspaper called the Golden Gate, established in June of that year. In the fall of 1880, the owner of the Golden Gate died, and the Journal Publishing Company was founded. The daily paper name was changed to the Albuquerque Journal in 1925 when an independent editorial policy was established. The current editor is Karen Moses.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Albuquerque Journal reports local news through journalists using minimally loaded headlines such as this: NM oil production hit record high in 2018. Information in articles is typically well-sourced. National News comes from the Associated Press. Editorially, the topic selection is mainly balanced with slightly more leaning right. Further, the Albuquerque Journal has a long history of endorsing Republican candidates. For example, the editorial board of the Albuquerque Journal “endorsed Republican presidential candidates including former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney in 2012, U.S. Sen. John McCain in 2008 and President George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004.”
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Albuquerque Journal Right-Center Biased based on an editorial board that consistently favors the right and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (10/2/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 12/26/2021)
Last Updated on February 5, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am