These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate KRQE – Albuquerque Least Biased based on neutral straight news reporting without offering opinion pieces. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1953, KRQE – Albuquerque is a Fox-affiliated television station licensed to Albuquerque, New Mexico. The associated website is krqe.com which provides news, sports, weather, politics, and crime reporting.
Funded by / Ownership
KRQE – Albuquerque is owned by Nexstar Media Group, which owns around 200 TV stations nationwide. The founder, chairman, president, and CEO of Nexstar is Perry A. Sook. According to Open Secrets, Nexstar Media group gave more money to Republicans in the 2018 election cycle (45% to Democrats, 55% to Republicans). However, in 2020 they gave more to Democrats (55% Democrats, 45% to Republicans). Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The KRQE – Albuquerque website publishes news for the greater Albuquerque, New Mexico area. Local news features original reporting with minimal bias such as this: Why is New Mexico’s prison population on the decline? Many stories also contain videos from the TV Station. National and international news is covered through Nexstar Media Wire, the Associated Press, and other large credible media outlets.
Editorially, they do not produce op-eds; however, they report political news with minimal bias, such as this 2 New Mexico police departments to receive federal funds for community policing. Political reporting is reasonably balanced, covering both sides and avoiding using emotional language. In general, they report news factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the last 5 years.
Overall, we rate the KRQE – Albuquerque Least Biased based on neutral straight news reporting without offering opinion pieces. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 11/19/2021) Updated (12/01/2021)
Last Updated on January 12, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am