These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using an appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate KOAT – Albuquerque News Least Biased based on story selection with minimally biased editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1953, KOAT – Albuquerque News is an ABC-affiliated television station licensed to Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States. Koat.com is the associated website that publishes news, sports, weather, and crime for the greater Fort Smith and Fayetteville areas.
Funded by / Ownership
KOAT – Albuquerque News is owned by Hearst Communications, which owns newspapers, magazines, television channels, and television stations, including the San Francisco Chronicle, the Houston Chronicle, and Esquire. According to Open Secrets, Hearst donated 70% to Republican candidates and causes in 2020. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, KOAT – Albuquerque News reports on news, crime, sports, weather, and entertainment for the greater Albuquerque, New Mexico area. Local news is covered through reporters with minimal bias in wording, such as this Albuquerque police investigate three deadly scenes over the weekend. A video accompanies most stories from the TV station. The Associated Press and other Hearst affiliates typically cover the national news.
Editorially, KOAT – Albuquerque News does not publish editorial pieces, and when reporting on national politics, there is minimal bias as the primary source is usually the Associated Press. In general, they present fact-based, low-biased news.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate KOAT – Albuquerque News Least Biased based on story selection with minimally biased editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 05/02/2022)
Last Updated on May 2, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Madison Cawthorn concedes to Chuck Edwards in North Carolinaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am
- Far-right election denier Mastriano wins GOP race for governor in Pennsylvaniaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am