These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the CCN.com Right-Center (Libertarian) biased, based on editorial positions that criticize the left and favor limited Government, especially as it relates to economics. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: EXCELLENT
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2013, CCN.com is a news and opinion site launched by Jonas Borchgrevink and headquartered in Norway. CCN, formerly known as “CryptoCoinsNews.com” was focused mainly on cryptocurrency and financial news but later expanded its focus to Cryptocurrencies Financial Markets, US Business and Politics, Entertainment Celebrity news, and Gaming. CCN’s United States office is located in New Jersey.
The Director is Jonas Borchgrevink, the Chief Editor is Samburaj Das, and the US Editor is Josiah Wilmoth.
Funded by / Ownership
CCN.com is owned by Hawkfish AS, which Jonas Borchgrevink owns. Jonas Borchgrevink also owns Hacked.com and MoneyMakers.com. Revenue is generated through advertising.
In 2022, Reporters Without Borders ranked Norway number 1 in their 2019 Press Freedom Index and stated, “Today, the media are free, and journalists are not subject to censorship or political pressure.”
Forbes reported in June 2019, due to Google’s Algorithm Core Update, CCN suffered a 71% drop in traffic and considered shutting down; however, they later canceled that decision.
In review, when reporting on Norway, CCN publishes articles critical of the Norwegian Government’s bitcoin policy, such as “Norway: Tax on Crypto Mining Scares away $116 Million Foreign Investment”. The article reads, “A parliamentary representative even called bitcoin “the dirtiest form of cryptographic output, making it clear that they were not happy with the ways things were going in Norway’s local crypto mining sector.”
When covering world news pertaining to America, they publish stories with emotionally loaded headlines such as “Finance Professor Says Stock Market Is Cheap. Here’s Why He’s Wrong” and “Mnuchin Warns US Debt Ceiling Near, Wants Spending Spigot Open.” CCN often utilizes credible sources such as The Hill, CNBC, The Intercept, Forbes, Japan Times, Financial Times, and Bloomberg News. CCN also uses sources such as fred.stlouisfed.org (Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED)), hacked.com (founded by Jonas Borchgrevink), and local sources while reporting news related to Norway, such as e24.no.
Further, CCN publishes articles critical of President Trump, such as these: “The Best Crypto Industry Reaction to Trump’s Bitcoin-Bashing Tweet” and “Trump’s Fed Pick Isn’t Just a Gold Bug – She’s Also a Crypto Bull.” A quote regarding Trump from the latter article reads, “The three-tweet thread railed against crypto and sung the praises of central bank money. It read like it had been drafted by New York Times columnist and Keynesian economist Paul Krugman.”
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate the CCN.com Right-Center (Libertarian) biased, based on editorial positions that criticize the left and favor limited Government, especially as it relates to economics. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 7/15/2019) Updated (05/27/2022)
Last Updated on May 27, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am