Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Nikki Haley (R): “Joe and Kamala even say America’s racist.”
FactCheck.org rating: False (President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris said in April 2021 that they do not believe America is a racist nation — although both have said America has a history of racism and racism does exist in the country today.)
|Claim by thegatewaypundit.com: Billionaire philanthropist George Soros endorses Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis for the Republican nomination in the 2024 presidential race.
Lead Stories rating: False (No Endorsement, he said he will run and most likely will win the nomination.)
|Claim by Occupy Democrats: “Obama imposed stricter rules on trains carrying toxins. Trump killed them.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly True (During former President Barack Obama’s administration, the Department of Transportation enacted a rule requiring high-hazard cargo trains to be equipped with electronically controlled pneumatic brakes by 2023, allowing them to brake faster. The Trump administration repealed this rule, citing government reports that found the cost of requiring these kinds of brakes was not economically justified. Even if this safety rule had still been in effect, it would not have applied to the Norfolk Southern train that derailed in East Palestine, Ohio, because it was not categorized as a high-hazard cargo train.)
|MISLEADING||Claim by Epoch Times: “An increased risk of stroke events has been identified with the Pfizer COVID-19 bivalent vaccine”
Health Feedback rating: Misleading (The analysis from the CDC performed various comparisons to determine whether booster shots recipients were at a higher risk of ischemic stroke. However, the claim only took into consideration the results suggesting the existence of such a risk and left out the comparisons suggesting the absence of risk.)
|FALSE||Claim by The Guardian: The Guardian and comedian Samantha Bee claimed in tweets that Glenn Youngkin cleared the way for a bill that would allow police to seek women’s menstrual histories.
Check Your Fact rating: False (The bill would shield menstrual history data from police, not allow them to seek it. Youngkin opposed the bill and did not support it.)
|FALSE||(International: United Kingdom): Claim by The Exposé: Three studies show “Covid-19 vaccines are harmful and ineffective”.
Full Fact rating: False (Two of the studies referenced show that, in certain scenarios, more vaccinated people were infected with Covid-19 than unvaccinated people, but this is not good evidence of vaccine ineffectiveness. None of them show the vaccines to be harmful.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- US Economy Gains 199,000 Jobs in November, Unemployment Rate Dropsby newsfactsnetwork on December 8, 2023 at 9:32 am
- (Media News) Media Industry Confronts Significant Job Cuts in 2023by Media Bias Fact Check on December 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
- Hunter Biden Faces New Tax Evasion Chargesby newsfactsnetwork on December 8, 2023 at 7:52 am
- President Biden to Announce $8.2 Billion for Rail Projectsby newsfactsnetwork on December 8, 2023 at 7:16 am
- Texas AG Paxton Vows to Prosecute Abortion Providers Despite Court Exceptionsby newsfactsnetwork on December 8, 2023 at 7:16 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 12/08/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on December 8, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Alliance for Human Research Protectionby Media Bias Fact Check on December 8, 2023 at 4:00 am
- House Censures Rep. Jamaal Bowman for Pulling Fire Alarm During Sessionby newsfactsnetwork on December 7, 2023 at 11:17 am