These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate CPAC Least Biased based on streaming and reporting directly from the House of Commons. We also rate them High for factual reporting for the same reason.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: Canada (14/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
CPAC is the Cable Public Affairs Channel, which was created in 1992 by a consortium of cable companies, including Rogers, Shaw, Videotron, Cogeco, EastLink, and Access Communications. They have invested more than $50 million to create and preserve this editorially independent voice. For perspective, this is the C-SPAN of Canada.
Funded by / Ownership
The Cable Public Affairs Channel (CPAC) is owned by a consortium that includes, among other part-owners Rogers Communications, Shaw Communications, Vidéotron, Cogeco, and Eastlink.
Analysis / Bias
CPAC provides coverage of public and government affairs through streaming proceedings of the House of Commons of Canada, centered around politics just like the USA’s C-SPAN and BBC Parliament of the UK. According to Canadian Business Journal, Colette Watson, President and General Manager of CPAC, says, “Our objective is to provide Canadians with the full, unfiltered story and let them make up their minds.” Further, she added that CPAC realizes this by allowing “Canadians to provide their own context, and our owners believe this is a wonderful and necessary public service to keep democracy alive.”
In reviewing news content on the website, there was minimal bias present, and all articles were sourced to the Canadian Press.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate CPAC Least Biased based on streaming and reporting directly from the House of Commons. We also rate them High for factual reporting for the same reason. (M. Huitsing 9/13/2017) Updated (9/10/2021)
Last Updated on September 10, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am