These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Canadian Dimension Left Biased based on pro-socialist, anti-capitalism advocacy. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to a lack of hyperlinked sourcing and publishing slightly misleading information regarding GMOs.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1963, Canadian Dimension (CD) is described as a magazine “for people who want to change the world” CD is a forum for left-wing political thought that ranges from New Democratic Party-style social democracy to libertarian socialism.
According to their about page, “Canadian Dimension is the longest-standing voice of the left in Canada. For more than half a century, the CD has provided a forum for lively and radical debate where red meets green, socialists take on social democrats, Indigenous voices are heard, activists report from every corner of the country, and the latest books and films are critically reviewed.”
Read our profile on the Canadian government’s influence on media.
Funded by / Ownership
Dimension Publishing LLC owns Canadian Dimension. Advertising, donations, and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Canadian Dimension publishes news from an anti-capitalist, pro-socialist perspective: Red Flags: Reflections on racism and radicalism. A quote from the article reads, “Capitalism lives and breathes racism. It can’t survive without it. It picks it up, cultivates it, and injects it into everything.” CD focuses on topics associated with the political left, such as climate change, Feminism, Labour, and LGBTQ rights. However, many stories do not contain hyperlinked sourcing.
When it comes to science, Canadian Dimension typically aligns with the consensus, though they offer more negative reporting when it comes to GMOs. Editorially, the CD is far left in support of socialism as they often criticize liberal politicians such as Justin Trudeau for their pro-corporate policies.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Canadian Dimension Left Biased based on pro-socialist, anti-capitalism advocacy. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to a lack of hyperlinked sourcing and publishing slightly misleading information regarding GMOs. (8/16/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 05/13/2022)
Last Updated on May 13, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am