Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Diamond and Silk pundit died from COVID-19.
Politifact rating: False (On Jan. 9, Lynette “Diamond” Hardaway’s death was announced. No cause of death was given. In the following weeks, Twitter users speculated that the 51-year-old died from COVID-19. Those rumors persisted even after Jan. 23, when The Associated Press reported that Hardaway’s death certificate made no mention of the virus.)
Unverified rumors swirl around ‘Diamond and Silk’ pundit’s death
|Claim via Social Media: A new paper published in BMJ Medicine shows that the COVID vaccine causes five times more myocarditis than the COVID virus and 10 times more in young people.
Lead Stories rating: False (According to the study authors, it does not measure that.)
Fact Check: BMJ Paper Does NOT Show COVID Vaccine Causes 5x More Myocarditis Than Virus, 10X More In Youths
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: Some GOP members of Congress were photographed wearing AR-15-shaped pins in February 2023.
Snopes.com rating: True (On Feb. 1, 2023, at least two GOP members of Congress were photographed wearing an AR-15-shaped rifle pin: U.S.Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., and Rep. Ana Paulina Luna, R-Fla.)
Were GOP Members of Congress Photographed Wearing AR-15 Pins?
|FALSE||Claim by Jim Jordan (R): The House will be investigating “threats to the First Amendment,” like “the idea that the FBI was paying Twitter $3.4 million to help them suppress information.”
FactCheck.org rating: False (There is no evidence that the FBI paid Twitter to “censor” or “suppress” content on the social media platform, as several conservative figures and politicians have claimed or suggested since the email was made public in December.)
|TRUE||Claim by Tim Young: The 2023 Grammy Awards were sponsored by Pfizer.
Newsweek rating: True (They were one of the sponsors.)
|FALSE||(International: United Kingdom): Claim by Daily Express: The taxpayer is spending £7 million a day on hotel accommodation for people who cross the channel illegally.
Full Fact rating: False (Approximately £5.6 million a day is currently spent on providing hotel accommodation for asylum seekers. A further £1.2 million a day is spent on providing bridging accommodation for Afghan refugees.)
£7 million daily cost of hotel accommodation includes cost of housing Afghan refugees – Full Fact
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- A string of assassinations in Afghanistan point to ISIS-K resurgence – and US officials warn of possible attacks on American interests in next 6 monthsby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 11:21 am
- Chinese COVID data from animal market gives clues on origins of virus, scientists sayby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 11:12 am
- Montana senator wants to block mandatory diversity trainingby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 7:38 am
- US says China and Russia blocking UN action on North Koreaby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 7:34 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 03/21/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on March 21, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Citizen (Australia)by Media Bias Fact Check on March 21, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Judge blocks California law requiring safety features for handgunsby newsfactsnetwork on March 20, 2023 at 7:45 pm
- Mike Pence says potential Trump arrest would be a ‘politically charged prosecution’by newsfactsnetwork on March 20, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 02/08/2023"