These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate World Magazine Right Biased based on editorial positions that reflect a moderate Christian Right perspective. We also rate them Mixed due to the promotion of pseudoscience related to scientific consensus on some issues.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1986, World is a biweekly Christian news magazine, published in the United States by God’s World Publications, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization based in Asheville, North Carolina. The World’s declared perspective is one of Christian evangelical Protestantism. According to their about page, “WORLD produces sound journalism, grounded in facts and biblical truth. Through print magazines, online articles, and podcast programs, our trained journalists report on current events both global and national so that readers and listeners can see how God is at work in the world, no matter the headlines.”
Funded by / Ownership
World News Group/God’s World Publications, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, owns and publishes World Magazine. Subscription fees and donations fund the magazine.
Analysis / Bias
World Magazine covers international news, cultural analysis, and book/movie reviews from a moderate Christian perspective. Articles and headlines sometimes contain loaded emotional wording such as this Texas governor declares disaster along southern border and this Christians in a politically charged climate. While many stories favor a Christian right-leaning perspective, they are known to call out fellow Christians such as conservative Christian Dinesh D’Souza after he had shared a hotel room with his fiancee before filing for divorce from his previous wife. After WORLD broke the story, D’Souza resigned as president of New York’s The King’s College in response.
Editorially, they promote political bias based on their Christian perspective. Ie. Against abortion, LGBTQ rights, and even evolution. If not for generally solid news reporting, we would have rated World in our pseudoscience category, promoting the pseudoscience of Intelligent Design.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate World Magazine Right Biased based on editorial positions that reflect a moderate Christian Right perspective. We also rate them Mixed due to the promotion of pseudoscience related to scientific consensus on some issues. (D. Van Zandt 5/11/2017) Updated (6/2/2021)
Last Updated on June 2, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am