A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate the Washington Pundit Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, poor sourcing, promotion of propaganda and conspiracies, as well as a complete lack of transparency.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2017, Washington Pundit is a far-right biased news and opinion blog. Like most Questionable sources there is a complete lack of transparency without disclosure of ownership, authorship or mission statement. All articles appear to be published by Dr E or TWP Site Admin, who does not offer a real name or biography. A domain search reveals the website is registered privately in the United States. Further, it appears that this website was reviewed by Newsguard in 2018 and since that time Washington Pundit has scrubbed all of its old content. The links provided by Newsguard from 2018, now return 404 not found errors.
Funded by / Ownership
Washington Pundit does not disclose ownership on the website. Further, the website does not appear to be monetized at this time (no advertising).
Analysis / Bias
In 2018, Newsguard determined the Washington Pundit was not a credible source that “regularly misrepresents stories.” It appears after this review, the Washington Pundit deleted all of its content and started from scratch in January 2019. Since we can no longer review older content this review will focus solely on content available on the website.
In review, the Washington Pundit publishes far-right conservative news and opinions without revealing an author. Headlines of articles are frequently sensationalized with loaded emotional language such as this: Sex Addict Anthony Weiner Moves Back in With Estranged Wife Huma Abedin. This story is sourced to the Questionable Daily Mail. The Washington Pundit appears to have a fascination with Pedophilia, especially if it involves liberals or immigrants. Many stories on the website are copy and paste snippets from other sources that then link to the source, which of course is fine. However, some of the sources they link to are on our Questionable list such as The Gateway Pundit and DC Dirty Laundry. They also sometimes link to credible sources such as CNBC and the Washington Examiner. In general, the Washington Pundit reports news that is favorable to the conservative right and negative toward the left. They frequently promote propaganda and deep state conspiracy theories such as this: Emails Between Clinton Donor and DOJ Show Conspiracy Against Trump.
Overall, we rate the Washington Pundit Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, poor sourcing, promotion of propaganda and conspiracies, as well as a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 7/23/2019)
Last Updated on November 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am