These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate ArcaMax Right-Center Biased based on publishing more right leaning columnist than left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High due to the publication of columnists that have failed fact checks as well as a lack of transparency. Please note, news reporting is typically factual and properly sourced.
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 1999, ArcaMax is a syndication service that provides editorial content, columns & features, comic strips, and editorial cartoons via email and their website. The current President and CEO is Scott Wolf.
The website also lacks transparency as they do not list an editorial team or openly disclose ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
ArcaMax is owned by ArcaMax Publishing, a privately owned company based in Virginia. Revenue is derived through advertising and sponsored content as well as revenue through distribution of content through newsletters.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the ArcaMax website offers news reporting, commentary and numerous syndicated comic strips. News content is usually presented with minimal bias and references credible sources such as Roll Call. A typical headline reads like this: Homeland Security announces easing of facial recognition rule. ArcaMax does not publish original content but rather republishes from other sources. In general, these are credible sources such as the Los Angeles Times, Kansas City Star and Bloomberg. They utilize numerous sources with most originating from the Tribune Content Agency.
Editorially, ArcaMax provides opinion columns from a wide range of known writers and breaks them down on the website by, From the Left, Moderate and From the Right. Some notable columnist they republish are, from the left Robert Reich, Moderate Steve Chapman and from the right they feature numerous columnists such as Ben Shapiro, Dennis Prager, Erick Erickson, Michelle Malkin, Tucker Carlson and Pat Buchanan. Many of these right leaning columnist have failed fact checks in the past. The website also features columnist who report on health such as Dr. Oz, who is a purveyor of pseudoscience and medical quackery. In general, ArcaMax reports news factually, however editorial columnist weigh heavily to the right and may not always be factual.
Finally, ArcaMax republishes close to 100 syndicated comics such as Peanuts, Beetle Bailey and Dilbert.
A factual search reveals they have not been fact checked. This is possibly due to the fact that they don’t produce original content.
Overall, we rate ArcaMax Right-Center Biased based on publishing more right leaning columnist than left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High due to the publication of columnists that have failed fact checks as well as a lack of transparency. Please note, news reporting is typically factual and properly sourced. (D. Van Zandt 12/10/2019)
Last Updated on February 23, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am