Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Anti-Islam
Voice of Europe is a far right website that publishes sensational stories. Although the website doesn’t list who runs the site, according to Whois the site’s registrant name is Annemiek Ploumen. According to Dutch magazine De Groene Amsterdammer (independent Dutch weekly news magazine published in Amsterdam), Erik De Vlieger is the financier and founder of the site, although he will not confirm or deny this publicly, while Daan van Seventer is the technical person. Voice of Europe doesn’t have an about page, however according to their twitter profile information they describe their content as “Conservative news network delivering you breaking news, uncensored articles and must-see videos.”
Funded by / Ownership
Ownership is not disclosed, however Erik De Vlieger appears to be the financier and the website is primarily funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Voice of Europe reports stories from European media and frames and spins them in a misleading way that always turns out negative for immigrants and the European Union: “Almost 98% of gang rapists in Sweden have a migrant background”, “Sweden reports highest number of murders in fifteen years” Voice of Europe also has a poor track record with fact checkers.
Voice of Europe’s stories consist of sensational click bait headlines and focus on a variety of topics that are mostly anti-immigrant with emotionally loaded headlines and content such as “Swedish student suspended for telling the truth about migrant sex crimes.“ Voice of Europe frequently uses questionable sources such as Breitbart, Daily Mail, Gatestone Institute, and Sputnik News.
Overall, this site is Questionable due to extreme right wing bias, promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories and poor sourcing. (M Huitsing 4/8/2018) Updated (2/11/2020)
Last Updated on February 11, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am